Hampden Twp. Pool Swim Lessons
Below is a brief overview of the program.
- Fee is $47 per participant per session
- All instructors are trained lifeguards of the Hampden Twp. Pool
- There is a water safety instructor on deck at all times during swim lessons.
- These are group lessons so there could be as many as 10 individuals in one group-the number of instructors will be adjusted depending on how many students are enrolled. The ratio is 4 children to every instructor.
- Lessons are designed to teach your children basic swimming skills and focus on water safety.
IMORTANT INFO. TO KNOW BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR SWIM LESSONS
- You must be a current pool member to get priority registration for swim lessons. Non-members can register for swim lessons starting June 4, 2018.
- Children must be at least 3 years old to participate.
- If children resist getting in the water on the first day, they will be allowed 10 minutes to get into the water on the second day. If they refuse, they will be withdrawn from the program and you will receive a full refund, minus an administrative fee equal to one day's participation.
- Individuals will be placed in levels/groups according to swimming ability and skill.
- Please be specific in detailing your child's current swimming ability on registration form-this information is crucial to ensuring that they are placed in the correct level.
- If the weather looks questionable, please call the pool at 590-5989 before you leave for lessons to listen to a pre-recorded message that will inform you of any cancellations. You can also check our Twitter page @HampdenTwpRec. The decision has to be made an hour prior to lessons.
- No refunds are given if you fail to show up for a lesson. NO EXCEPTIONS!